Friday, March 11, 2011

Puppy Onesie

I made this cute little puppy dog onesie for a friend's new baby boy.

First I ironed some Heat 'n Bond onto the wrong side of my fabric.

Then I traced my puppy dog shape onto the paper - I cut my puppy shape with my Cricut, but you could use any puppy shape or draw one free hand.  I'm horrible at free hand drawing, so I had to find something to trace!

I love these tiny, sharp little scissors to cut out things like this, they work perfectly!

then I ironed my puppy shape onto my onesie-

then used my sewing machine to blanket stitch around the edges-

Then I hand stitched two felt eyes and a satin nose on him - so sweet!

How sweet is this little baby gift!  The nursery theme is puppies, so this stuff ought to fit right in!  I made the blanket here!

1 comment:

  1. That is super cute!!! I love it!!! I appliqued a hippo on a bib for my nephew this past christmas....animals make babies' clothing so cute!!! Very nice job!!

    ReplyDelete