Last night both my girls went to bed early so I decided to take advantage of the spare time and make a couple bibs. I've been obsessed with putting initials on everything I make, so I had to add those too!
First I ironed some scrap pieces of fusible interfacing onto the wrong side of my fabric-
Then traced on my letters (I cut my letters with my cricut, but you could print letters off word onto cardstock and cut them out too.
I traced around a bib I already had and liked-
Peeled the backing off my letter and ironed it on-
Then stitched around it-
Then to make the backing I cut the bib out around the backing fabric, right sides together-
I added a couple pins and starting stitching around the edge-
Things shifted and everything got out of wack. Luckily, I'm a pro with the seam ripper and quickly took the whole thing back apart to start over. Whoever invented the seam ripper was a genius!
The second time around I used a whole lot more pins, sewed right sided together leaving a little hole for turning it right side out. I turned it and top stitched around the whole thing.-
Then added some velcro squares. Black would have looked better, but white was all I had on hand-
It finished up pretty cute-
The back-side is pretty cute too, totally reversible!